One of the most common causes of intense and unbearable discomfort is dental pain.
The main reason why this dental and oral health problem arises can be a bit difficult to identify, as the possible origins are wide-ranging.
In most cases, toothache is due to irritated nerves inside your tooth or inflammation in your gums.
This can negatively affect the quality of your life as the pain goes on.
What causes Toothache and Dental Pain?
- Cavities are the primary cause of toothache. Plaque develops around your teeth and bacteria thrive in your mouth. The bacteria in the plaque attack the protective enamel layer of your tooth. This will then result in severe pain if the cavity is not treated immediately. Bacteria will continue to spread and sooner or later reach the tooth’s nerve.
- Another cause would be gum disease. Plaque can also irritate your gums. As a result, gums become inflamed. Gum infections may lead to chronic inflammation of mouth’s tissues.
- Exposed roots of the tooth cause tooth root sensitivity. These roots are suppressed in the jawbone; but because of toxins produced by bacteria in these areas, the bone that encloses the tooth gets damaged. As a consequence, roots become highly exposed, making the teeth extremely sensitive to hot and cold temperatures.
How your Dentist Assists You in Addressing Dental Pain
- Your dentist will conduct a comprehensive and complete oral examination to determine the location and source of the dental pain. Signs of inflammation, swelling, and tooth damage will also be checked.
- Taking X-rays to check for an evidence of cracked or impacted tooth, tooth decay between teeth, or any underlying bone problems that your dentist couldn’t detect through a routine test is also considered.
- Your dentist might also prescribe pain medications for your toothache or dental pain.
- If your tooth is already infected, treatment could entail removal of the affected tooth or a root canal treatment.
Superior Medication for Toothache or Dental Pain in Brisbane
Free yourself from the agony of dental pain. Early signs and indications of toothache or dental pain must be stopped instantly, by seeking the help of your trusted Brisbane dentist. Restoring the wellness of your oral health is the key to preventing dental and oral health problems.
Here at Precision Dental, we carry out exceptional treatments to deal with your oral and dental concerns through high-quality and modern dentistry. Call us today on (07) 3852 1160 or book an appointment online.