CHILD DENTAL BENEFITS SCHEDULE
The dental and oral wellness of your children is an integral aspect that you, as a parent, should strive to uphold so as to ensure that they can have an enjoyable time growing up.
Then again, most parents tend to worry about the additional cost that dental and oral health services for their kids would have on their budget. The good news is, quality care for your kids’ teeth and gums is now made more affordable and accessible with the advent of the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
What is the Child Dental Benefits Schedule?
This new dental and oral health scheme aims to provide for the financial support for the basic dental and oral health care procedures to children, between ages 2 to 17 years, of eligible families. It gives each eligible child a $1000 benefit cap, which is valid over two consecutive calendar years. According to the Department of Human Services, the CDBS makes proper dental and oral health care available to more than 3.4 million children in Australia.
On what dental treatments does the CDBS apply?
- Comprehensive dental examinations
- Dental x-rays
- Professional dental cleaning
- Dental fissure sealants
- Root canal therapy
- Tooth extractions
Also, it should be noted that the CDBS does not cover orthodontic and cosmetic dental treatments.
How can you check the eligibility of your kids?
Eligible families should have already received a letter from the Department of Human Services at the start of the year to confirm eligibility. Also, this can be checked, along with the balance amount, by accessing your Medicare online account or by calling the Medicare general enquiries line on 132 011.
Using the CDBS
- Check the eligibility of your kids first.
- Make an appointment with us here at Precision Dental and let us know that your family is eligible for the CDBS.
- During the appointment, we will discuss the treatment plan and any associated costs with you.
- After the discussion on the treatment plan, you will have to sign a consent form.
- Your child can now undergo the necessary dental treatments and the cost will be bulk-billed. This means that there are no out-of-pocket expenses involved in using the CDBS.
Quality Dental Care For Kids In Brisbane
Take advantage of the Child Dental Benefits Schedule by consulting your reliable dentist in Brisbane. Here at Precision Dental, we aim to help your entire family enjoy a lifetime marked by healthy and beautiful smiles. That is why we see to it that we can cater to all your dental and oral health care needs. Call us today on (07) 3852 1160 or book an appointment online.